The future belongs to mobile computing. The PC era is over. This is the greatest leap in humanity’s ability to stay connected since the advent […]
Cyber Security is far more than just protecting data. Security is about protecting the functionality of your business. It involves confidentiality, availability and integrity of resources. This higher order approach to cyber security requires vision, leadership, and actions in dimensions of people, process and technology.
We track the concepts, the companies and the leaders shaking things up in the cybersecurity world. And in doing so we seek to keep you informed on the cutting edge topics you need to know.
A snapshot of the trend right now indicates:
- Largely enabled by embedded computing devices and ubiquitous communications
- Use cases are expected to include enhancements to education, training, safety, security, healthcare, transportation and optimized manufacturing.
Open questions decision-makers should track include:
- Do you believe this will be any more secure than our current systems?
- How can we optimize distributed processors when they are idle?
- What transmission protocols will rule?
- What will normal be? What is role of behavioral analytics?
Books we appreciated for insights into the megatrend of the Internet of Things include:
- The Fourth Transformation: How Augmented Reality & Artificial Intelligence Will Change Everything
- The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future
- The Industries of the Future
- The Seventh Sense: Power, Fortune, and Survival in the Age of Networks
- Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money, Business, and the World
- The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies
- Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future
Follow this link to track the highest ranked, enterprise ready Internet of Things Companies.