The future belongs to mobile computing. The PC era is over. This is the greatest leap in humanity’s ability to stay connected since the advent […]
Today’s Internet connects people, governments, academia and business. The already emerging Internet of Things goes far beyond that. Largely enabled by embedded computing devices and ubiquitous communications, the Internet of Things reaches to vehicles, homes, towns and cities, commerce, manufacturing and every aspect of industry.
We track the hot topics, the operating concepts, the security challenges and the companies driving the IoT trend forward. As we do we always keep the enterprise angle in mind.
A snapshot of the trend right now indicates:
- Largely enabled by embedded computing devices and ubiquitous communications
- Use cases are expected to include enhancements to education, training, safety, security, healthcare, transportation and optimized manufacturing.
Open questions decision-makers should track include:
- Do you believe this will be any more secure than our current systems?
- How can we optimize distributed processors when they are idle?
- What transmission protocols will rule?
- What will normal be? What is role of behavioral analytics?
Books we appreciated for insights into the megatrend of the Internet of Things include:
- The Fourth Transformation: How Augmented Reality & Artificial Intelligence Will Change Everything
- The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future
- The Industries of the Future
- The Seventh Sense: Power, Fortune, and Survival in the Age of Networks
- Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money, Business, and the World
- The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies
- Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future
Follow this link to track the highest ranked, enterprise ready Internet of Things Companies.